Spring 2017 - Homework is 10%, and the professor divides the rest of the 90% on the two midterms and final, depending on how you do:  For students whose final exam score is below the scores on each of the two midterms, each exam will count 30%.  For all other students, the final exam will count 50% and the higher of the two midterms will count 40% (i.e., the lower midterm score is dropped). For any student missing one of the midterms for any reason, the latter calculation will be used with the one midterm taken counting 40%. The class itself was okay. The professor is pretty straightforward, and the exams weren't super crazy or anything. If you're solid with calculus, it shouldn't be tooooo hard. Definitely should be able to at least pass.
I wouldn't say he's a great teacher or anything, but his class wasn't that bad. Lecture isn't really worth going to, most of the time, and the problem sets are kind of hard. Just make sure you really know how to do the homework problems, though; that's what the tests are based on. There is a really high curve, but if really understand the homework problems, then you should be fine. He's pretty nice during his office hours, he really wants everyone to understand the material. It also helps if you have a good TA, go to them for help with the homework. Yes, there is a lot of math in the class, but the most advanced you'll see are partial derivatives, nothing worse than that. So if you like math, it's not too bad, otherwise try to take someone else.
Put it this way: I'm taking Econ 11 again with Michael Sproul and everything Sproul's teaching us in that class was virtually different than everything Board "taught" us. Board's a nice, funny guy and his accent will probably keep you glued to his lectures but I really couldn't understand anything in that class.
All the notes for his lectures are posted on the web. He basically reads off a series of overhead slides (same as those on webpage) during lecture...Boring and ineffective teaching style (a monotonous lecturer doesn't exactly help either). The key to doing well in his class: DO HIS PRACTICE TESTS!! I had to struggle a bit w/ Buddin's class only because i'm the type who learns thru effective teaching, for those who can do well by just studying alone, however, this class should be a breeze for you.