Based on 9 Users
There are no grade distributions available for this professor yet.
Sorry, no enrollment data is available.
Class taken: Sociology 130
I wrote the 5 point review below and I want to say that I may have been a little harsh. Sorry professor Katz, I apologize for the harshness.
Still. I just realized I was charged $32 for an instructional enhancement fee to be used for technology in the class room. This is a charge through BruinBill. AND it does not include the $40 clicker.
My personal opinion is that technology was not used effectively in this class. Definitely sub-par for the $72 I spent.
Class taken: Soc 130 SQ2014
I did not like this class for several reasons:
(1) Did not like Prof. Katz's lecturing style: slow, improvised, full of speculative claims, did not back up speculative claims with any data.
(2) He was out of touch with reality. My guess is that he has been in academia and only academia for way too long.
(3) Suggested business ideas that were out of touch with reality. Suggests that ethnography in the toothbrush industry is a very lucrative career path.
(4) Use of technology in class was very clumsy. Slowed the class down A LOT. Consistently and abruptly disturbed the natural flow of the lectures. Which were already really slow.
(5) In the first class he asks: Why should students bother showing up to class when they can watch an online lecture? I felt that showing up to this lecture was a waste of time.
This was the only class at UCLA for which I did not give applause at the end of the last lecture. I'm graduating next week.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
I ignored the negative reviews below. Sup yall... go ahead and say I told you so!
Don't make the same mistake I did. This was a 10 week, $1,500 waste of time.