No grades are available.
Lectures were dull, dull, dull. Knows his stuff, but very condescending.
COURSE: EEB 111 (vertebrate)
1) He is extremely cocky and always talks in a condescending tone
2) Severely technologically challenged( but not as bad as
Donald Buth who still uses a typewriter)
3) The only biology prof I had who doesn't use ppt, lectures were disorganized
4) EXTREMELY useless lab practicals. You need to memorize about 50 different species of fishes & frogs for the 1st practical, including those pointless latin scientific names for ALL of them, which is only 10% of your grade.
5) Kept telling us to read the whole book which contains excruciating detail. This aXXhole thinks this is the only class we're taking.
6) Put ID questions on exam that are briefly mentioned (he just spent <20 sec explaining those terms)
TL:DR: This is my last quarter @ UCLA and he is THE WORST BIO professor of ALL TIME
This course shouldn't be 5 unit, it's more like a 10 unit course, the lab practical alone would drive you crazy
I took EEB 111 last quarter, and I must say that it was probably one of the BEST classes I have ever taken at UCLA. This class is extremely easy, all you have to do is be familiar with what Dr. Gordon talks about in lecture and you have a guaranteed A+! There's no need to read the textbook or even study for that matter. In addition, the class material is really interesting. I mean who wouldn't want to learn about dinosaurs and evolution? Plus there's field trips! If you're any sort of life science major, or even a non-science major, take Dr. Gordon! It'll be the easiest and best experience you could ever have at UCLA! 10 out of 10 Dr. Gordon, Bravo!
Did this review contain...
Thank you for the report!
We'll look into this shortly.