Grade distributions are collected using data from the UCLA Registrar’s Office.
NOTE: If you want to take an easy class, go for this class. However, if you really want to learn, PLEASE AVOID THIS CLASS.
I am assuming that you are thinking about taking this course because you chose biomolecular concentration. Reconsider changing your concentration since you will learn nothing from this course and C115 if she is teaching those courses.
NOTE AGAIN: Professor Annabi was the worst professor I have ever seen in my entire academic life. Not that I personally hate her.
1. She was not helpful at all during her office hours. One time I asked her a question, and she was like "You didn't think enough. Do actually try. " Why would I come to ask you a question during office hours without actually trying? Not supportive, not helpful.
2. She doesn't know how to teach. She just reads off her slides, and I wonder if she really made the slides by herself because materials from 2 years ago (when Rahardianto taught the course) were exactly the same. One time someone asked what Q means in an equation, and she was not able to answer it and started to go over previous slides for 5 minutes so another student had to tell her that Q was volumetric flow rate. How can a professor not know what she is teaching? I doubt if she really knows the physical meanings of countless equations she taught in this course. She never explained how the equations are derived, or why we are using them.
This class was a roller coaster. I had a hard time trying to figure out what she wants to test on exams or what is important, and I failed to do so every time. I wonder how I ended up with an A.
1. Lots of extra credits: There were 3 ECs. It is very unclear how much they helped my score tho. 1 survey, 1 course evaluation, 1 PROII assignment. The survey and the evaluation were worth 1 point, the PROII 3 points.
2. Easy quizzes: There are assignments almost every week except midterm weeks. One of the problems in weekly homework is tested on quizzes during a discussion section. However, TA Sevana always solved a quiz problem right before the quiz. No sweat.
3. Homeworks: Don't have to solve them since they are not graded. Even when you try to solve them, you won't be able to do so. I recommend you to study solutions after they are posted.
1. Easy class
2. Unclear, unhelpful, waste of time
CHOOSE CORE IF YOU ARE CHEME AND AVOID THIS CLASS.
Did this review contain...
Thank you for the report!
We'll look into this shortly.